Job purpose - Understands the technical terminology of both the source and the target language and is able to analyze often quite intricate syntax used in documents, such as in legal and other documents, and properly renders it in the target language.
1. Compliance Documents: Having / developing technical knowledge required for translating such documents as contracts, agreements and all other formal communication including letters and memos.
2. Translation: Preparing a written translation of all types of text into English or Arabic and establishing the background to the request for translation and agree turnaround time, format etc.
3. Documentation: Responsible for the orderly maintenance and retrieval of translation material to ensure immediate access of information and confidentiality of stored information.
4. BANK Policies and Procedures: Strong knowledge of BANK’s policies and procedures.
5. Legal: Understanding of basic legal concepts and an understanding of the legal aspects.
6. Writing Techniques: Appropriate style with speed and reliability and pick up some technical understanding and to acquire a technical vocabulary and clarify and agree the content of documents when there is lack of clarity
7. Reports: Assisting superior with coordinating and drafting replies to regulatory authorities on reports.
8. Media Follow-up: Regularly following up and translating compliance-related material (laws, resolutions, instructions, circulars…etc) published in the Official Gazette (Al-Kuwait Al-Yawm) and on CMA website.
9. Translation to other areas: Handling translation jobs from other divisions, as agreed with and required by superior.
10. Deadlines and submission of reports: Meeting deadlines and submitting precise work by set, often tight, schedules.
11. Follow Up: Addressing follow-up queries and issues associated with translation and meets requirements.
12. Consistency: Ensuring consistency of content, meaning and style with previous translations and related documentation.
|Job Location:||Al Kuwait, Kuwait|